Volunteers play a key role in the flawless execution of the tournament. Every year, Finals Force volunteers are gathered through public recruitment, with many returning from the previous years. Whether or not you are a tennis fan, we strongly encourage you to register to be a part of an experience of a lifetime in this final edition of the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore presented by SC Global 2018.
Registration closes on Friday, 27 July 2018.
See you at the WTA Finals this October!
- Volunteer Journey Timeline
- Benefits of Volunteer Involvement
To register as a volunteer, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 16 years of age as of 1 October 2018. If you are under 18 years of age as of 1 October 2018, you are required to seek parental/guardian consent
- Be able to speak fluent English
- Be able to commit to at least 3 days (not including the final weekend) over the period of 21 October – 28 October 2018. Please note that in areas of greater sensitivity, priority for placement will be given to those that can commit to more shifts. This allows for greater consistency of service in these critical areas.
Predicted shifts times* are:
Shift 1: 7/8am – 1pmShift 2: 1pm – 7pmShift 3: 6/6.30pm – 11.30pm/12midnight
* Shift times are subject to change pending area of involvement and operational requirements# Some areas may commence operation from 15 October 2018
- Be available for a Volunteer Briefing on Saturday 13 October or Sunday 14 October
- Commit to attending the area-specific training required for each group of volunteers (dates to be confirmed)
NOTE: * Applicants who do not reside in Singapore need to ensure they have the right to work in the country. Lagardère Sports will not be responsible for nor facilitate the application of relevant permits to participate in this volunteer programme. Overseas applicants will be responsible for all arrangements and costs associated with accommodation, flight and any other incidental expenses. Lagardère Sports will not cover any costs associated with attendance at interviews, training or the event period.
As a volunteer at one of the world’s biggest sporting events, you will:
- Be in the thick of the sporting action
- Help to create a legacy
- Enhance professional skills and explore career opportunities
- Make new friends
- Receive the following:
- Volunteer Welcome Pack
- A meal per rostered shift
- Official uniform item
- Exclusive event souvenir for volunteers
- Access to watch some tennis – ticket allocation to be rostered amongst the volunteer pool
- Certificate of Appreciation
Check out what our past years' volunteers have to say:
“Yet another unforgettable experience working with my fellow volunteers! Looking forward to next year.”
- Chin Yulen, Court & Venue Operations Team Leader
“It’s an opportunity to practice and develop my social skills. Worked with a great team and hope to see them again next year!”
- Tan Li Lian, Volunteer of the day – 24 October 2017
“Volunteering for WTA Finals has been a highlight of my year for the last 4 years. I've met many new friends and watched world class tennis 'up close and personal'. I'm truly grateful to Lagardere Sports for allowing me to be a part of this exciting event.”
- Stephanae Fitzgerald, Information Services TL